Helpful Wealth Management Links
Achieving Financial Success
PARTNERSINWEALTH recommends five books that will help anyone understand how to take control of their finances and achieve financial peace of mind.
1) “The Millionaire Next Door: Surprising Secrets of America’s Wealthy” by Thomas J. Stanley and William Danko. This book identifies seven common traits that show up again and again among those who have accumulated wealth. The authors point out that most of the wealthy in this country do not live in Beverly Hills or on Park Avenue, they live next door. They reveal that the typical profile of the self-made millionaire is often quite the opposite of what we normally believe.
2) “The Richest Man in Babylon” by George S. Clason. Through a series of delightful short stories straight from the heart of ancient Babylon, this book offers tips and tools for financial success that have withstood the test of time and are still applicable today.
3) “Wealth: Grow It, Protect It, Spend It and Share It” by Stuart E. Lucas. Discover the best ways to build, protect, and sustain family and business wealth across generations! Wealth is the world's most valuable guide to wealth management for individuals, families, business owners, and the "upwardly affluent."
4) “The Bogleheads’ Guide to Investing” by John C. Bogle, Mel Lindauer, Michael LeBoeuf and Taylor Larimore. This is a straightforward guide to investing offering sound and practical advice, no matter your age or net worth. It guides you in investing for the long term while minimizing the costs and taxes associated with investing.
5) “The Investment Answer” by Daniel C. Goldie and Gordon S. Murray. An easy to read and jargon free book that is written for all investors – experienced, beginner, and everyone in between. It offers five straightforward options that can lead to safe and sound ways to manage your money and advice that benefits you, not Wall Street.
If you are interested in learning how to successfully invest your money, we recommend that you turn to the academic community and those with close ties to academia to obtain objective and well-researched information. While their research and conclusions can be difficult for the general public to locate, there is a wealth of information available.
Here are some web sites that you may find helpful.
Check out Dimensional Fund Advisors site for lots of information on successful investing. DFA happens to be the mutual fund family that we use for the majority of our clients investments.
John C. Bogle, the Founder of The Vanguard Group, Inc., the purveyor of low cost and tax efficient mutual funds made it his mission to teach people how to invest successfully. The Bogle Financial Markets Research Center has many excellent speeches and articles by Mr. Bogle on a variety of investment topics.